Mathematics for Chemists 1
- basic vector calculus, geometric applications
- differentiation of functions of a single variable
- integration of functions of a single variable
- differentiation of functions of several variables
- brief glimpse at one type of integrals of functions of several variables
current organizational news
general organizational details
exam rules and hints
voluntary additional exercise groups (with PerLe) (note: two time slots, you can take both of them or only one.)
MfC1 script (second version, essentially complete; worked examples are given in the lectures and exercises)
Exercise groups/rooms/tutors will appear here.
The following two links contain basic exercises that feature content that is often done wrong. They are far from exhaustive but can give you a starting point.
basic calculations exercise
basic differentiation/integration exercise
If you have any problems with with these basic exercises, please work through the material listed above for the pre-course in mathematics (script and exercises).